Monday, May 2, 2016

Ecstatic about my path today!


You guys, I know that life is never perfect and we cannot all do everything we set out to be. I get it. But you know, what we can do? We can find the path we were intended to walk. And today, I am absolutely ecstatic over having found mine.

When I was a very little girl, my very first poem was about the birds and nature in general. My second poem, written at the age of ten or so, was about this plastic world we all have to live in. So, I guess that in a way, I've always known what my life should be about. But it's only recently that I've started seeing all the pieces of my hopes, dreams and beliefs come together.

It's only recently that I have come to see that all the little bits and pieces that define who I am as a person (the vegan thing, the hippie thing, the nature thing and the environmental thing, etc., just everything that speaks to me) are and always have been connected. They were just hanging around, waiting for me to wake up and figure out that it's really all about the same purpose.

And today folks, today, I am more awake than I ever have been in my life. I know the road that I'm destined to take is not an easy one. I know there are people out there who look down on people like me. But you know what? I just plain don't care if they do.

Because today, right now, I know that I am doing the right thing. I have found my center or my goal or my life's work or whatever you may call it. And no one is going to bring me down any more.

Oh, I'm sure they will try. People are like that. I'm also sure there will be numerous obstacles and setbacks. Because that's how life is, isn't it? It's not always perfect and I don't want it to be. Why? Because, as I have told you many times before, my readers, Struggles bring strength and conviction like nothing else can. You gotta appreciate those hard times. They're a tool for success.

Now, please, don't misunderstand me here. When I say success, it may not mean what you think. I don't see success the same way most people do. I see it as developing good character, not making tons of money or rocketing to fame.

Sure, it would be nice to have a little cash to spend helping others and making the world a better place. But my real goal is just to be a nice person. Someone people can rely on. Someone who stands for what they believe in. Someone who cares. There is much too little of that out there these days.

I'm also not looking to be anyone's hero but I'd sure like to be my own. I'd like to be proud of my actions. I'd like to do some things that benefit future generations. That may be as small as recycling my trash or as big as helping stop deforestation.

But it doesn't really matter, at least not for the sake of this post, just exactly what my path is all about. The point is that I'm on it. I'm walking up it with a smile on my face and happiness in my heart. No more regrets. No more unjustified pandering to the whims of others. No more worries about what anyone thinks of me. This is my path to walk and I'm sticking to it.

I'm absolutely ecstatic about my path today. Because I know in my heart that I'm doing exactly what I was meant to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment