Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Tone it down? Maybe....

Ahem.... So, lately I've been thinking to myself that I may come off just a tad opinionated. I'm sure that doesn't surprise most of my readers. OK. I'm sure that doesn't surprise any of my readers. It's kind of who I am, you know?

I also have a tendency to be critical of others. OK, I know. You figured that out too. Yup.

But really, you guys, I would like to be a smidge nicer. No, I'm serious. You see, I used to be one of those people who never said a bad word about anyone. It's true. 

Then one day, I just cracked the heck out of my shell, stuck my head out, opened my big fat yap and all those repressed thoughts came pouring out.

And I got carried away with it, I guess. To the point where I'm now searching diligently for that sweet girl I used to be. She's gone, of course, swept away in a current of “I've been holding this in for way too long.”

But still, I'd very much like to get back just a little of her sensitivity and kindness. Just a little. And so, from now on, I'm making an effort to at least take the edge off my bark and bite. We'll see how it goes, right?

Because we all know me, right? I can't promise that I won't get worked up about some injustice and have a relapse. Still, I'm going to give it a go. Tone it down a bit. Be a kinder, gentler version of the beast. Maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment