Thursday, February 15, 2018

Focusing on my focus


As we all know, 99.9% of having a happy, peaceful life is attitude. So, lately I've been focusing on what my focus is. If I think I should be miserable, chances are, I will be. So, I'm trying to retrain my brain to shine a spotlight on the good things in my life.

Thoughts and circumstances are fleeting. No point in dwelling on those that bring me down. What's more? Why not also stretch the duration of things that lift me up? When I allow happy moments to grow joy in my heart and soul, they literally expand to block out pain, sorrow and regret.

Aggravation fades into the background when love and understanding take center stage.

And yes, I am human. I can't help but feel frustration and anger. But when they surface, I try to control how big a role they play in my life by switching my focus to positive outcomes, rather than negative circumstances. Or, at the very least, I try to see the humor in the situation.

I've never subscribed to the notion that one must be giddily positive at all times. Shit happens, as they say and sometimes, that shit becomes a literal shit-storm. That's when it teaches. That's how we learn and grow and move forward. Negativity is inspirational in a way that positivism can never be. It moves us to do better.

However, as I struggle with my hard earned lessons and spread that all important awareness, I am increasingly careful to keep my inner eye trained on the good things in life. Because the brighter they shine, the brighter my path becomes. And who wants to walk in darkness all the time? Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment