Monday, April 23, 2018

Peaceful, easy country feeling



So many thoughts swirling through my head this morning. All of them, very peaceful. Relocating to a tiny, somewhat antiquated western town on the plains of Colorado next month has a lot to do with it. Very much looking forward to the relaxed atmosphere there. Still, we can all create a zone of peace, no matter where we live.

This morning I'm listening to “my” favorite yard bird, accompanied by the crows of the neighborhood rooster and wondering how much my connection with the universe and the sense of peace I've been experiencing of late have to do with me focusing on moving to the country.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that I'm particularly special. We're all connected to the universe. Every last one of us, along with every other living being or blade of grass or tree on the planet. We're all a part of nature. We are nature.

Now, let me back-track for a minute to fill you in.

My bird is a black capped chickadee with a unique, two whistle chirp. There was one in my country yard, growing up. There's one in my city yard now. I wonder if there will be one in my new yard, out on the plains. Wouldn't that be awesome?

And yes, we are moving. City home sold. Country home purchased. And while I still love the Denver metro area with all my heart, life out on the plains suits us much better. Truly looking forward to living in a place that lacks tall buildings, light/sound pollution and looking forward to the slow life. Besides, we won't be too far away. It's a commutable distance.

But Oooh and Ahhh to:

Star gazing from our backyard deck. Tilling and planting our own healthy country soil. Being a contributing member of a small community. Long, leisurely bike rides to nowhere in particular with a packed picnic lunch in the bike basket. Sitting by the wood-stove on cold winter nights. Room for extended family and guests on holidays and special occasions. Room to create. Room to breathe. Room to relax.

It's going to be spectacular! But then again, life always is, with the right state of mind. And now, back to today:

I'm sitting in my chair, listening to these two, decidedly different birds serenade me and planning a peaceful country life. How will I fill my rooms and my days? What do I still need to pack? Because I want to be ready to roll when the day comes. Ready to start a new life again. Ready for positive and even negative changes.

Because life is about change, isn't it? Learning new things. Growing. Stretching. Spreading wings to take on fluctuating currents, soft breezes and even an occasional tumultuous, temperamental tornado or two.

I woke up this morning to a new day and a new life, just like I do every day. Trudging the peace path and loving every minute of it. But somehow, today seems more peaceful, knowing a dramatically new beginning is just around the corner. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment