Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Leaving the book of faces, sort of

Hey all. I noticed that a few of my Facebook friends are a bit disappointed at my announcement that I am distancing myself from the Facebook news feed for a bit. I get it. Our voices are important. But my mental health is more important. And really, I'm still around. Just not as up front and personal.

I am going to be more active on my art and writing pages now, so I will still see your notifications. I just can't handle DT and his twisted agenda. I just can't spend my days watching the travesty unfold on my news feed.

I'm HSP and I'm not bragging. I hate that every negative occurrence that I see, hear or otherwise experience digs so deeply into my soul. It makes socialization a living hell at certain times and this is one of those times.

The good news is that I am also one of those people who realizes that my life is of my own creation. Hence the changes I am making. It's self preservation, but it's much more than that. It's a fresh start and a new beginning for me.

I'm happier already and this is just day one.

As I posted this morning, “I'm truly happiest when I keep to myself and work on my art and writing. I may not be what most would consider an expert in either, I just get lucky sometimes, but my humble hobbies (and my solitude) bring me peace.”

We all have to find our peace in this life, after all. And if enough of us are able to do just that, I am confident that the world will be a better place. So, while I may not be shouting my dissent to the rooftops on Facebook, I'm still making a positive impact with my life choices.

Example is and always has been the best teacher. So, I'm working to practice what I preach by projecting peace, love and mental clarity. Everything we say and do impacts the lives of others. So, I'm doing my best to make my words and actions, as well as what I take in, more positive.

So, folks, don't be sad. I'm not really gone. I'm just working on a new, more productive lifestyle. And hey, message me if you need to talk. I'm still your friend. Just living in a different neighborhood. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment