Thursday, January 26, 2017

New name – New game – Taking the peaceful path


I've been considering this for a while. The “Rants and Raves” blog just isn't serving me well any more. As you can see, I've changed the name to “Peace Path.” Here's why.

Ranting and raving about my pet peeves and triumphs wasn't all bad. I grew and learned a lot by venting my way through life. I gained a lot of ground by releasing all that pent up anger, fear and anxiety. You see, for much of my life, I have let myself be a victim of circumstance. I almost had to get loud for a while to break out of that zone of self pity.

Now, I'm not going to lie and say that I'll never rant about anything again. It was cleansing, to some degree. It has served to bring me to the right intersection. Therefore, I may find it necessary to go there again. Who knows?

And maybe I've always been on the path to peace. I was just on the bumpy part at the beginning. I'm a little further down the road now. I know that it's up to me to shape my destiny. It's never been up to the users, abusers and naysayers of my life. It's always been up to me.

I believe that true peace can only come from a place of love and compassion. That's how it spreads. That's how the world changes and grows. Hatred can never bring peace. Never. A part of me has always known that. But now, well, now it's time for me to act on that premise.

It's not going to be easy to change 57 years of bad decisions or toss the resulting baggage. Plus, I absolutely suck at socialization. Which is a key element for spreading peace. I'm sure there are still a few other rocks in the road as well. And if history is any indication, I'm pretty sure that my destiny is to trip over them and land flat on my face a few more times.

Point is, life's a journey. Cliche? Maybe. OK, definitely. But it's true. So here I go on my quest for peace. The path is clearer to me now, but I'm only human, so if you plan on joining me, keep a look out for falling rocks. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment