Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Walking uphill

The path to inner peace is a rocky one for most of us. We humans are markedly fallible, after all. In my case, I'm no Gandhi. Not even close. Still, I have every intention of living as compassionately as possible. That is if I can get around my own limitations, critical notions, judgmental nature and outrage at society in general.

Most of the time, I find myself walking uphill with my shoelaces tied together. I often trip over my good intentions while diligently searching for an easier route. I don't know if that's human nature, but it's my nature. I truly wish to be a kinder, gentler, more purposeful soul. Maybe I'll get there. Maybe not. Still, I have no intention of quitting.

I know. I am who I am. But that doesn't mean I can't tweak the original. In fact, whenever I have occasion (and time) to read back over my blog posts, I can almost see the evolution of me. I used to be obsessed with point proving. It wasn't even all that long ago. Like maybe a couple weeks. Ha! But seriously, those first rants and raves were pretty intense. Almost insane, actually.

It did help to get it all out there after decades of silence. What does that mean? Hey, maybe I'll tell you that story some time. And what now? And how about in the future? Well, I can't guarantee that I won't lose it here and there. Like I said, it's an uphill climb, this path I've chosen. However, my intention with this blog from this point on is to take a more compassionate stance while scaling those peaks.

Will I stumble? Of course. Will I fall flat on my face sometimes? Undoubtedly. Still, the idea is to point my nose in the right direction, do my best to keep the wind at my back and trudge on. I may get there. I may not. But if I don't at least try, I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment