Friday, April 28, 2017

Make every day a day of peace


Most people don't realize how much power they have over their own life. You can, as I have written, create your own aura of happiness by growing it inside you and radiating it outward. You can also create a peaceful world for yourself every day using the same principle.

Thinking/focusing positively and reacting with positive action (rather than focusing on all the bad things going on and projecting the overwhelming anger that builds up as a result) creates a peaceful aura around you.

I've been on both sides of that equation, which is why I know it to be true.

Striking out or reacting forcefully only makes a bad situation worse. War does not beget peace. Ever. Especially if you've created that war in your own mind by overreacting to your circumstances or not thinking your reactions through.

And yes, I realize there are certain circumstances under which one should not be expected to remain peaceful. Obviously, no one is expected to be at peace or create peace when their life or that of their loved ones is being seriously threatened.

When I say you can create peace daily, I'm speaking of everyday struggles, not being chased down by militants.

And yes, it may be that your in-laws can be likened to militants and composed of the stuff psychotic nightmares are made of. Or maybe, they're just human, like you and have simply reached their endurance limit.

In any case, who people are or what their journey is, well, that ball is in their court, not yours. All you can do is strive to improve yourself, create peaceful responses and try to see the good in them. It's just not up to you to live other people's lives or solve their issues.

Ya, I know you're smarter than them. You have more experience and your ideas are way better, but honestly, isn't dealing with your own life enough?

Note: I'm talking to myself here. I have a know-it-all tendency. I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone. Bwa ha ha

That being said, this is a suggestion, not an order or expectation. But why not make every day a day of peace, my friends? By growing it, projecting it and reacting peacefully. Because that's the only way it ever happens.

I'm going to give it a shot.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment