Thursday, October 27, 2016

Do you know who I am?

You do? Oh, thank goodness! Well, let me in on the secret, will you? I've been trying to figure it out since puberty. Oh, I have the general gist of it, alright. I'm a tree hugger. I'm a friend to animals. I believe in a low impact lifestyle. (That's code for I can't buy anything because I'm too broke.) Still, my personality seems to morph with every epiphany and revelation I have.

I'm sarcastic, but friendly. The sarcasm is just for fun. I'm really quite shy and sensitive. I'm a neat freak, but I still manage to slobber all over myself when I eat. I love cooking for my partner, but he better not ever come to expect it. I'm no Suzy Homemaker, but I take total June Cleaver pride in my house. That doesn't mean it's spotless, oh crap no, I'm not THAT good.

And once I get out of the house, I never want to come home. I love road trips!

When I was a kid I read Sybil (spelling?). I was totally convinced I had multiple personalities. Now that I'm all grown up, I realize everyone does. Yup, you included. You can never fully know anyone. That's because as humans, we are constantly changing, based on our experiences and/or latent traits that we haven't brought to their full potential.

Do you know me completely? Heck no. I don't know you either. That's the whole point. That's what makes it fun. Being friends with someone who never changes or is stuck in a rut is boring. So, let's keep the mystery in it, shall we? Just when you think you know me, I'll reveal a side of me you had no idea existed. I'm cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment