Friday, January 15, 2016

Stark raving mad ukulele skills.... or not

Peace, love, music!
I haven't had much to rant about lately. I've been much too busy enjoying my life. I'm just not that angry about anything these days. So, I guess maybe I'll do a little raving. Let's see, what do I have worth raving about?

Oh sure, I could do the usual, wonderful friends, wonderful family, peace, love, supportive peeps, etc. etc. But you've all heard all that before, right? Besides, raving is boring. It's not nearly as satisfying as ranting.

Unless you have a ukulele. Because then you can rave about how wonderfully you can play it already. Or not. Because I can't. Yet. But hey, I can spell ukulele now. That's something, I guess.

Oh, and when I practice, things get really quiet from people hiding out where they can't hear me. So, that's something to rave about. Not much privacy with 9 people in the house. You have to take what you can get, you know?

I know three chords. Sort of. I can't remember the name of two of them. But hey, I've got that C down. It only takes one finger too. Awesome! That's right up to speed with my coordination level. No bleeding fingers, that's something, right?

I can strum too. Woo Hoo! Let's hear it for those strumming skills. Because that's about all I can do.

A song? Um, no, haven't gotten there yet. But I will. So, here's to that positive attitude. It makes up totally for my lack of talent I'm sure. Shut up. Yes, it does.

And hey, just the tears of joy when I received it made everyone else happy. That is until they had to suffer through my practice sessions.

Ya, I have stark raving mad ukulele skills alright. At least in my own mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment