Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The day the tree went down and I went down with it

Ya, that would be the window well there, under the tarp....
Ha ha ha Not even kidding. Adventures in tree trimming to the max. Last summer, I started trimming away at this tree we have a love/hate relationship with in the front yard using some long handled cutters. It was slow going and I soon learned it was an impossible dream.

So, out comes the saws-all. I was making great progress and then, it happened.

I'm walking around the tree to find a good angle. “Now let's see, if I step right there, that should do it.”

Oh, that did it all right. Because “right there” was in the window well. Bam! Down I went, scraping my elbow on the brick of the house, one leg in the well, one out, twisting my hip as I went. Ya, it was like that.

But guess what, you guys? I survived. In fact, I crawled out like a champ and finished the job. My daughter held the big branches so at least they didn't knock me out. I don't need any more injuries. I was really sore for some time because Lupus and Rheumatoid love to attack injuries. Oh, sure.

But hey, aren't you proud of me?

Well, except the the dumb-ass part where I stepped into the window well, anyway? Ha ha ha I guess I won't be landscaping for a living but still, it was fun times and I learned something.

In fact, maybe I'll add “Don't step in the window well, while trimming trees close to the house, you dumb shit!” to my next tips article. Ha ha ha

But seriously, don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment